Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2017

Book Recommendations: Mystery Reads

Mystery books are some of my favorite books... 

... And it's not just mystery thrillers that I love. I also enjoy mystery mixed with paranormal, sci-fi, fantasy and so on. I have four recommendations for you today. I hope you like them!






The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is the first book in a paranormal trilogy. It's actually one of my favorite books ever. It's about Mara Dyer, a girl who wakes up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. She has been in an accident that killed her friends but left her unharmed. It's thrilling and super creepy. Like horror creepy. It's also a romance. And a boy called Noah Shaw. I love him.

The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchinson

This books was such a lovely surprise. The Butterfly Garden is about girls being kidnapped by a man called The Gardener. The girls are being held captive in a hidden garden in which they are "transformed" to and named after butterflies. It's crazy suspenseful, creepy, unique and definitely mysterious. It's more of an adult novel though, not YA.



Alive by Scott Sigler

This is one of the few sci-fi books I've read. I really enjoyed this mysterious adventure and its intriguing atmosphere. It's about a girl who wakes up in a coffin. She doesn't know who she is, where she is or why she is there. The whole story idea is great and super smart and the book is full of cool twists. It is very easy to spoil this books, so I'll leave it there. There are two more books in the trilogy: Alight and Alone.

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

Dangerous Girls is a favorite of mine. It's a murder mystery taking place among a group of friends in Aruba during Spring Break. One girl is murdered and they need to understand what happened and who did it. What I liked about the book was all the twists and turns. The end was insane and utterly shocking. Haas is so good at writing suspenseful scenes and interesting characters.

Have you read any of these books? Which one is your favorite? Please recommend me your favorite mystery novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment