Posted on Saturday, October 1, 2016

Review: Prince's Gambit by C.S. Pacat


Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat

Series: Captive Prince #2  Published: July 7th 2015 by Berkley
Pages: 216 • Format: E-book • Genres: Fantasy, Romance
Status: read from August 27 to September 12, 2016
Goodreads | Book Depository | Amazon | Website

Rating: 4.25/5 stars




First sentence: “The shadows were long with sunset when they rode up, and the horizon was red.”

Holy guacamole!! Prince's Gambit was so much better than Captive Prince and I am extremely happy about that!! I really enjoyed the second book, much more than I thought I would! There was so much more of the world and the story developed so very nicely. It was amazing.

I love how Damen's and Laurent's relationship prospers throughout the book (it's great and lovely and I ship it!). I love both characters. Yes, I actually turned out to love Laurent after all. I'll probably love him more in the next book, because why shouldn't I? Damien is just fantastic, there's not much more I can say.

I didn't love this book, and that was mainly because the war and the fighting aspects and all those things. Everything else was really great. The war (fighting etc.) was a huge part of the book, but mostly I just wanted it to be over to be honest. I liked the other aspects of the book much more.

That ending was amazing and actually shocking. I didn't see it coming at all and the fact that it happened made me so puzzled and impressed (like WHAT will happen NOW?!). And it made me happy too, let's not forget about that.

I cannot wait to read the last book, Kings Rising. I can see myself in the future giving it 5 stars. I hope my dream comes true!


17927395With their countries on the brink of war, Damen and his new master, Prince Laurent, must exchange the intrigues of the palace for the sweeping might of the battlefield as they travel to the border to avert a lethal plot.

Forced to hide his identity, Damen finds himself increasingly drawn to the dangerous, charismatic Laurent. But as the fledgling trust between the two men deepens, the truth of secrets from both their pasts is poised to deal them the crowning death blow…

Do you want to read this book? / Or have you already read this book? Did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment